All of our sheds are designed to exceed International Building Code (IBC) requirements. We work closely with licensed structural engineers to ensure the construction of our shed designs always exceed these requirements. All of our designs our certified by state building inspectors in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont & Maine.
Shed Floor Specifications
- Designed to carry a live load of 40-50 psf
- 2×6 Pressure Treated Floor Joists 16” On Center
- Double Center Carrying Beam on Floors (10’x & Wider)
- Heavy Duty 3/4” 7-Ply Underlayment Exterior Grade Plywood
- Rim Joists Capped with Double 2×6
- Staggered Floor Seams for Added Strength
Shed Roof Specifications
All of our roof designs are built to exceed the highest building code regulations.We work with Simpson Strong Tie to design a standard roof truss system with a load capacity rated at 110 pounds psf, which exceeds the highest code requirements in New England to ensure your structure holds up to harsh New England weather and is built to last.
- 2×6 Steel Plated Trusses
- Snow Load Rating: 110 psf
- 110mph Wind Speed Rating
Our sheds are built with only the highest-grade materials, with attention to detail that can only come from decades of experience. You’ll notice the difference in the quality of the wood we use (think premium Western red cedar), the larger size of our standard doors and windows, and subtle design details like hidden J-Channel. It’s quality you won’t find from a big-box store.